How does a Homeowner start the Warranty Claims Process?
The warranty book that was issued specifically for a particular home contains all the procedures to address a potential defect. Written documentation from the Homeowner in the format described in the warranty book under Requesting Warranty Performance must be sent to the Administrator (HOME of Texas) in order to begin this process. Notice can be sent by mail to the Administrator’s address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For convenience, you may also use our online form. We do not accept telephone or fax requests at this time. You will need to provide:
- Validation Number and Effective Date of Warranty;
- Your Builder’s name and address;
- Your name, address, email address and telephone number (including home, cell and work numbers);
- A reasonably specific description of the Defect(s), (including the date on which the Defect was discovered);
- A copy of any written notice to your Builder;
- Photographs, if they would be helpful in describing the Defect; and
- A copy of each and every report you have obtained from any inspector or engineer.