By Doug Davis, RWC Insurance Advantage
Did you know a loss control program can LOWER YOUR INSURANCE COSTS by earning you UP TO 25% DISCOUNT off your first year’s General Liability premium, if you are new to our program, or at your next renewal? But what if you don’t have a formal loss control program? You may be doing a lot to ensure a safe jobsite, but how do you prove it? Then too, you may have intended to develop a formal program, but the pressure to finish your current project ate up all your time.
If you have a formal loss control program, great! Give us a copy of your guidelines and tell us a little about how it’s going and we’ll help you SAVE MONEY on your General Liability. But, if you don’t have anything in writing, or if you’re still struggling to get started, we have some tips that you might find helpful. We call them THE 7 BASICS. These suggestions are intended as a rough guideline to help you get started in establishing a loss control program. If you already have a program, it is hoped these 7 BASICS will help you review your procedures and make any improvements necessary.
- Establish a loss control policy and who will be in charge of it.
- Assign responsibility, authority and accountability.
- Maintain safe working conditions.
- Establish training for loss control.
- Set up procedures for accident reporting and investigation.
- Create and maintain first aid procedures.
- Develop a culture of safety through employees’ acceptance and involvement in their own accountability.
If your general liability is coming up for renewal, or if you’d like to know what the RWC Insurance Advantage can do to help SAVE YOU MONEY on your next policy, give us a call at 866-454-2155, or visit us at www.RWCInsuranceAdvantage.com.
For a more detailed explanation of these 7 steps, please visit https://rwcinsuranceadvantage.com/loss-control-the-7-basics/